Table of Contents
In the age of digital communication, postcards have retained their charm and continue to be a popular way to send messages and greetings.
Whether for personal use or business marketing, unique postcard templates can make your message stand out. We’ll explore the 10 best places to buy unique postcard templates, catering to a variety of styles and preferences.
Etsy is a global marketplace known for handmade and vintage items, and it’s a treasure trove for unique postcard templates. Here, you can find templates from artists and designers all over the world, offering a range of styles from vintage to modern.
- Pros: Wide variety of unique designs, support independent artists.
- Cons: Quality can vary, and prices may be higher due to the uniqueness of designs.
Moo is renowned for its high-quality print products and offers a range of customizable postcard templates. Their designs are sleek and professional, making them ideal for business use.
- Pros: High-quality prints, professional designs, customizable options.
- Cons: Limited in terms of quirky or highly artistic designs.
A popular choice for small businesses, Vistaprint offers a wide range of templates that can be customized to suit your needs. They provide an easy-to-use design tool and competitive pricing.
- Pros: Affordable, easy-to-use design tool, good for bulk orders.
- Cons: Designs may not be as unique as other platforms.
Canva is an online design tool that offers a variety of postcard templates, which can be customized easily. It’s user-friendly and ideal for those who want to add a personal touch without needing advanced design skills.
- Pros: Free options available, easy to customize, user-friendly interface.
- Cons: Templates may be used by many people, reducing uniqueness.
Zazzle offers a wide range of customizable templates created by their community of independent designers. You can also create your own design from scratch using their platform.
- Pros: High degree of customization, diverse range of styles.
- Cons: Overwhelming number of choices, variable pricing.
Minted is unique in that it sources designs from independent artists and holds regular design challenges. Their postcard templates are stylish and of high quality, ideal for personal or boutique business use.
- Pros: Unique, high-quality designs, supports independent artists.
- Cons: Higher price point, limited selection compared to larger sites.
Known for its artist-centric approach, Redbubble offers postcard templates that are artistic and often quirky. It’s a great place to find designs that stand out and are less conventional.
- Pros: Unique, artistic designs, supports independent artists.
- Cons: Limited customization, more suited for personal use.
Similar to Redbubble, Society6 features artwork from thousands of artists around the world. Their postcards range from modern abstracts to whimsical illustrations, catering to a wide array of tastes.
- Pros: Wide range of artistic designs, supports artists directly.
- Cons: Limited customization options, more for art lovers.
9. Paper Source
Paper Source offers a curated selection of postcard templates with a focus on quality and design. Their range includes elegant and whimsical designs, perfect for special occasions or upscale marketing.
- Pros: High-quality designs and materials, elegant and unique options.
- Cons: Limited range, higher price point.
10. Adobe Spark
Adobe Spark is a powerful design tool that allows you to create your own postcard templates from scratch or customize existing ones. It’s ideal for those with a bit more design experience.
- Pros: High degree of customization, professional tools.
- Cons: Requires more time and design skill, subscription-based.
Tips for Choosing the Right Postcard Template
When selecting a postcard template, consider the following:
- Purpose: Are you sending a personal message, an invitation, or marketing material? The purpose will guide your design choice.
- Brand or Personal Style: Choose a design that reflects your brand or personal style.
- Customization Needs: If you want to add personal photos or specific text, look for templates that allow for easy customization.
- Quality and Price: Balance the quality of the template with your budget. Sometimes, paying a bit more can make a significant difference in quality.
- Printing and Delivery Options: Consider whether you need printing and delivery services or just the digital template.
A Quick Intro to Paper for Postcards
When diving into the world of printing postcards, an often overlooked but crucial element is finding the best paper for your postcard. The type of paper you select can significantly influence the final look and feel of your postcard, impacting both its aesthetic appeal and durability.
Postcard printer paper typically comes in various weights and finishes. A heavier paper, usually in the range of 160-200 gsm (grams per square meter), is ideal as it provides the necessary sturdiness and durability for mailing. The finish of the paper is equally important and can vary from matte, glossy, to textured. Matte finishes are great for a classic, elegant look and are less prone to fingerprints and smudges. Glossy finishes, on the other hand, make colors pop and are perfect for vibrant images, but they can be susceptible to glare. Textured papers offer a unique tactile experience and can add a luxurious feel to your postcard.
In a world where digital communication dominates, sending a physical postcard can make a lasting impression. Whether for personal greetings, holiday wishes, or business marketing, the right postcard can convey your message with style and personality.
The 10 platforms listed above offer a range of unique postcard templates to suit various needs and preferences. From supporting independent artists on Etsy and Redbubble to utilizing professional design tools like Adobe Spark and Canva, there’s a solution for everyone. Remember to consider the purpose, style, and quality when choosing your template, and enjoy the process of creating something special and memorable.